Garth Brooks Added To ‘Teachers Rock’ TV Special
The program airs live at 8pm ET from the Nokia Theatre in L.A. on Friday, August 17 on CBS.
The concert will also feature performances from country stars Carrie Underwood and Dierks Bentley, as well as pop group fun. and singer Josh Groban. In addition, Maroon 5, Meryl Streep and Glee‘s Matthew Morrison will offer personal testimonials on their favorite school memories.
Teachers Rock is a charity concert that will raise money for teachers and education. The proceeds from the LA show will benefit three nonprofit organizations: DonorsChoose.org, an online charity that raises money for classroom supplies, the hunger-relief foundation Feeding America and Teach for America, a program that trains recent college graduates to lead a classroom.
The Country Music Hall of Fame this spring announced that Brooks was among it’s 2012 inductees (alongside Connie Smith and Hargus ‘Pig’ Robbins). Brooks was also in the news for selling out his gig at the Calgary Stampede last month in less than a minute. He’s also been hinting at possibly returning to the stage on a more regular basis in the coming years.
Note that the airdate for Teachers Rock has been updated to Friday, August 17 at 8pm ET/PT on CBS.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog