The program airs live at 8pm ET from the Nokia Theatre in L.A. on Friday, August 17 on CBS.
The concert will also feature performances from country stars Carrie Underwood and Dierks Bentley, as well as pop group fun. and singer Josh Groban. In addition, Maroon 5, Meryl Streep and Glee‘s Matthew Morrison will offer personal testimonials on their favorite school memories.
Teachers Rock is a charity concert that will raise money for teachers and education. The proceeds from the LA show will benefit three nonprofit organizations: DonorsChoose.org, an online charity that raises money for classroom supplies, the hunger-relief foundation Feeding America and Teach for America, a program that trains recent college graduates to lead a classroom.
The Country Music Hall of Fame this spring announced that Brooks was among it’s 2012 inductees (alongside Connie Smith and Hargus ‘Pig’ Robbins). Brooks was also in the news for selling out his gig at the Calgary Stampede last month in less than a minute. He’s also been hinting at possibly returning to the stage on a more regular basis in the coming years.
Note that the airdate for Teachers Rock has been updated to Friday, August 17 at 8pm ET/PT on CBS.
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fifth Harmony Founder Says Fans are ‘Fifth Member’ of Group
- Jennifer Lopez Puts ‘Photoshop’ Accusers in their Place
- Watch Camila Cabello Perform ‘Crying in the Club’ on ‘The Tonight Show’
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Interview: Jeffrey Makes a ‘Love Connection’ with Host Andy Cohen
- Wyclef Jean Announces New Album, Drops 2 New Tracks