Cee Lo Green Gives Voice To New “Sparkle” Trailer
In the new trailer for the film Sparkle, Cee Lo Green’s powerful voice anchors a clip that is as soulful as it is heartfelt. Indeed, the early preview of the dramatic film, due in theaters August 17, is packed with intrigue and great sounds.
Leading lady Jordin Sparks and Derek Luke light up the screen with sizzling romantic chemistry. An aforementioned Green, complete with throwback processed hair, looks like he just strutted off a STAX Records recording studio.
There’s newcomer Carmen Ejogo who plays initial lead singer of a rising girl group but eventually falls victim to drug addiction. And the usually comedic funny man Mike Epps shows off some serious acting chops in a scene that highlights a riveting physical confrontation.
The clip, which clocks in little more than over two minutes, also gives another look at the last big screen appearance of the late Whitney Houston. The iconic singer, who died just three months after production on the 1976 remake ended, plays the mother of Sparkle and her two sisters as they fight through shady record label men, family drama, and the pitfalls of stardom.
Check out the trailer here.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay