Stevie Wonder has filed for divorce from his wife of 11 years, Kai Millard Morris, citing irreconcilable differences.
In papers filed Friday (August 3) in Los Angeles Superior Court, Wonder requested joint custody of their two sons, ages 10 and 7. He also agreed to pay child and spousal support to Morris, according to People.
Wonder also revealed in the papers that he has been separated from Morris since October 2009.
The singer filed the paperwork under his legal name, Stevland Morris, and signed with two fingerprints.
In a statement to CNN, Wonder’s rep said, “As this is a private and personal matter, he asks that the public and the media kindly respect the privacy of Kai, his children and family at this time.”
This is Wonder’s second divorce. He ended his first marriage to singer Syreeta Wright in 1972. He reportedly has seven children in all from his marriages and relationships.
Back in June, Wonder was involved in a different court case, this one was against his nephew, who was charged with trying to extort money from the legend.
The singer is set to headline this year’s Outside Lands festival in San Francisco, CA on August 12.
– Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande Reps Release Statement on Manchester Concert Bombing
- Katy Perry Explains History of Taylor Swift Beef: ‘Like, She Started It’
- Michael Jackson Estate Condemns Unsanctioned Projects
- Police Arrest Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing as ISIS Claims Responsibility
- James Corden Pays Tribute to Manchester in Wake of Terror Attack
- Trump Calls Those Behind Ariana Grande Concert Bombing ‘Evil Losers’