Stevie Wonder Files For Divorce
Stevie Wonder has filed for divorce from his wife of 11 years, Kai Millard Morris, citing irreconcilable differences.
In papers filed Friday (August 3) in Los Angeles Superior Court, Wonder requested joint custody of their two sons, ages 10 and 7. He also agreed to pay child and spousal support to Morris, according to People.
Wonder also revealed in the papers that he has been separated from Morris since October 2009.
The singer filed the paperwork under his legal name, Stevland Morris, and signed with two fingerprints.
In a statement to CNN, Wonder’s rep said, “As this is a private and personal matter, he asks that the public and the media kindly respect the privacy of Kai, his children and family at this time.”
This is Wonder’s second divorce. He ended his first marriage to singer Syreeta Wright in 1972. He reportedly has seven children in all from his marriages and relationships.
Back in June, Wonder was involved in a different court case, this one was against his nephew, who was charged with trying to extort money from the legend.
The singer is set to headline this year’s Outside Lands festival in San Francisco, CA on August 12.
- Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win A BIOTA Botanicals Prize Pack
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On
- Train Show a Waitress Getting the Last Laugh in ‘Bulletproof Picasso’ Video: Watch
- Katy Perry, Her Dog Have Important Puppy Bowl Meeting
- Pharrell Will Appear on an Upcoming Episode of ‘The Simpsons’
- Ariana Grande Knows Which Harry Potter House She’d Be In