Stevie Wonder has filed for divorce from his wife of 11 years, Kai Millard Morris, citing irreconcilable differences.
In papers filed Friday (August 3) in Los Angeles Superior Court, Wonder requested joint custody of their two sons, ages 10 and 7. He also agreed to pay child and spousal support to Morris, according to People.
Wonder also revealed in the papers that he has been separated from Morris since October 2009.
The singer filed the paperwork under his legal name, Stevland Morris, and signed with two fingerprints.
In a statement to CNN, Wonder’s rep said, ”As this is a private and personal matter, he asks that the public and the media kindly respect the privacy of Kai, his children and family at this time.”
This is Wonder’s second divorce. He ended his first marriage to singer Syreeta Wright in 1972. He reportedly has seven children in all from his marriages and relationships.
Back in June, Wonder was involved in a different court case, this one was against his nephew, who was charged with trying to extort money from the legend.
The singer is set to headline this year’s Outside Lands festival in San Francisco, CA on August 12.
- Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’