After becoming the unofficial theme song of the American women’s gymnastics team, Phillip Phillips’ “Home” is seeing a boost in sales.
If you watched Gabby Douglas and the rest of the gymnastics team win gold this week, you probably heard the latest Idol’s debut single more than a few times. Olympic viewers liked the song so much in fact, they started downloading it.
Industry sources are now saying the song could sell around 200,000 downloads by Sunday, August 5. With this surge the song would make it’s way into the Top 20 of the Billboard Hot 100, according to Billboard.
Phillips’ song originally debuted and peaked at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 with 278,000 downloads after he won AI back in May. But since July 29, when NBC started playing the song, Phillips has found his way back on this week’s Hot 100 chart at number 84.
The singer, who’s currently on tour with the rest of the Idols, also debuted the video for his hit song.
Phillips takes to the road and gives fans a behind the scenes look of what it’s like to take America by storm in a bus. The video was filmed over three days while on his current tour as he drove from Denver to Salt Lake City. He works on his songwriting, jams with his friends and gets to play big arenas. He even stops and peruses a pawnshop, probably not unlike the one his family owns in Georgia.
Keep an eye out for Phillips girlfriend, Hannah Blackwell, who is touring all summer long with her beau.
Watch the video for “Home” below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kim’s College: Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum and the Spice Girls
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas