Cher Lloyd Puts Internet Rumors To Rest
When UK singer and UK X-Factor contestant Cher Lloyd visited the studios at 92.3 NOW/New York, she addressed some rumors floating around the Internet about herself. Cher is in fact getting married because she’s pregnant, her lesbian lover is her 15 year-old-sister, and she most certainly did have an affair with President Obama. On opposite day.
Those are just a few of the outrageous rumors Cher has seen written about herself on the web. She said when she Tweeted a picture of her 15 year-old sister Sophia and herself, someone wrote an article claiming Sophia was Cher’s girlfriend.
That rumor was debunked when Cher became engaged to her longtime boyfriend Craig.
The singer, who’s only 19, said she doesn’t mind getting married at such a young age. She said she strongly believes in doing things when she has the chance to do them.
“You never know what could happen to you, do you know what I mean?” she said. “I’m very much like that. I think if you want to do something, go and do it and do it while you can.”
Since entering the spotlight, Cher has had no problem staying true to herself. She said she was perfectly fine with how she acted before she was famous and there’s no reason to change now that she’s in the international spotlight.
“I don’t have to change myself just because I’m in the spotlight,” she said. “I ain’t going to do that for nobody. I’m me. Take me as I am or not at all.”
If she wasn’t in the spotlight, Cher says she would’ve liked to have become a police officer. She said she thinks she would’ve been “alright” as a cop, or maybe even a zookeeper.
Cher’s debut album Sticks + Stones will be released in the U.S. on September 18.
–Sarah Scroggins, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo