“I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.”
Dressed in a plaid blue shirt and red cowboy boots, Carrie Underwood’s new video for “Blown Away” pays homage to The Wizard of Oz.
The song, which Carrie says is a bit darker than fans might be used to, is about a good daughter who is trying to get away from her abusive father. The video shows off the Idol’s acting chops as she gets caught up in some destructive weather.
Carrie said that when it comes to tornados, you can’t help but think about the classic 1939 film. In her video, the singer added subtle details like filming it in black and white, the yellow path that leads her to something better and her very own Toto, played by her new pup, Penny, a rescued dachshund mix, all as a nod to the movie.
But fans might also see some similarities between her new video and the cover of her latest album, Blown Away. The “Good Girl” singer said this song was the catalyst that started the record and hopes when people see it, they’ll take a closer look at the meaning behind the cover art.
Do you see the similarities?
Watch the video for Carrie’s latest below.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kanye West Not ‘Traditionally American’ Enough for Trump Inauguration
- Train Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Quincy Jones’ Michael Jackson Lawsuit Moves Forward
- Alanis Morissette’s Manager Admits to Stealing Nearly $5 Million
- Sign Up for ‘Politics of Kanye West’ Course at Washington University
- Kesha Opens Up About ‘Devastating’ Dr. Luke Lawsuit