No Doubt’s Gwen Stefani Says She’s Done With Solo Records
With the gargantuan return of No Doubt burning up the airwaves with their new monster single, “Settle Down,” lead singer and cultural icon Gwen Stefani has said that her days as a solo artist are pretty much behind her.
“No, I don’t think so,” Stefani said to the UK’s Daily Record when asked if she’d ever record another solo record. “I was always thinking of that as a moment in time and you can never say never. But these last couple of years have been overwhelming for me, with having so much going on, and my husband being on tour, and just trying to do it all, which is not possible.”
No Doubt is prepping for the imminent release of their long-awaited sixth studio album, Push & Shove (due September 25), which was influenced by none other than Minneapolis musical legend, Prince.
“Prince said to me, ‘Have you ever tried to write, and actually just tried to write, a hit?’ At the time we weren’t doing that,” Stefani told the Daily Record. “We were writing whatever came out. So on this record we really did try to do that because, if you think about it, those hits are the songs that are the best songs.”
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Single Again: 3 Doors Down – ‘Kryptonite’
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!