Matchbox Twenty Under Fire In New Video “She’s So Mean”
Matchbox Twenty are back with an electrifying new music video for “She’s So Mean.” The Rich Lee directed clip brings the tale of a relationship gone wrong to life for Rob Thomas & co.
In an interview with VH1, Thomas and bandmate Paul Doucette discuss what it’s really like making a music video.
“You’re pretending to sing this song and you feel silly,” Rob admitted before Paul chimed in.
“You feel like a complete joke,” Paul said.
Despite their awkwardness and dangers while on set — Paul had to wear a flame retardant suit to not get burnt and another bandmate suffered cuts to his hands — the video tells a different, albeit equally perilous tale.
“Everybody’s been in that relationship with somebody that no matter how badly they treat you you just keep coming back like a drug for some reason and you’re not quite sure,” Rob said. “This is about that kind of a relationship.”
“I know a girl she gets what she wants all the time ’cause she’s fine/But for an angel she’s a hot, hot mess/Make you so blind but you don’t mind,” Rob sings at the beginning of “She’s So Mean.”
Meanwhile, this “fine” girl makes a mess of Matchbox Twenty’s practice space, wrecking old records and band equipment before lighting off fireworks, pulling the power plug in the building and starting a fire on the drum kit.
Watch the danger unfold below in Matchbox Twenty’s new music video. “She’s So Mean” is the lead single off their upcoming album North due for release September 4.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo