Deb Gordon’s guest was Christine McMahon, President and CEO of Fedcap, which is a nonprofit that develops innovative, creative and sustainable solutions that help people overcome barriers, work toward economic independence, and effect change in their families and communities.
Ms. McMahon discussed Fedcap’s efforts to provide training, mentor and find work for members of our community with barriers to employment including the disabled, the formerly incarcerated, and veterans. Ms. McMahon also provided information about Fedcap’s many programs and services including youth and young adult programs and mental health services. Also discussed were the many ways that the organization has grown and evolved to meet the current needs of the community and the new and different challenges they face.
Ms. McMahon spotlighted Fedcap’s 2012 graduation ceremony which was held in June at Harlem’s Apollo Theater where proud graduates aged 18-68 received their Fedcap diplomas in front of family and friends.
For more information, visit www.fedcap.org.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Maroon 5 Releases Paint-Drenched ‘Love Somebody’ Video
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- This Week In Late Night TV: Thirty Seconds to Mars, The National, Jake Bugg
- Blink-182 Plans Auction To Assist Oklahoma Tornado Survivors
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power