Jennifer Lopez seems to do it all, but the multi-hyphenate superstar says mom is the only job that really matters to her.
When J.Lo said goodbye to American Idol, she admitted it had a lot to do with her 4-year-old twins, Emme and Max. The singer recently told MTV News, that her kids are definitely the most important part of her life and she wouldn’t want to do anything to jeopardize that.
“Mommy. It’s just the one thing you don’t want to mess up,” she said. “You can mess up in all other areas and get back up, but you don’t want to mess up there.”
While Jennifer is star everywhere else in the world, she’s just plain mom at home. In fact, it’s only recently that she was able to win her little boy over.
“You know, my daughter gets very excited [when I perform] and then my son says nothing,” she said. “But then, like, we’ll be in the car randomly, and yesterday he says to me, ‘Mommy you’re a great singer.’ And I was like, ‘Thank you, baby.’ No fanfare with it … just matter-of-factly, ‘I think you’re good.’ And of course, that made my day.”
Jennifer, who just celebrated her 43rd birthday on July 24, is currently on tour with Enrique Iglesias and just released a collection of her greatest songs, Dance Again…The Hits. Her latest song off this compilation, “Goin’ In,” is a dancetastic number that is also featured on the Step Up Revolution soundtrack.
Watch J.Lo show off some classic Fly Girl moves in the video for that song below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The Rockettes In Studio with Carson and Cane
- Drake on Adele’s ‘Hotline Bling’ Remix Offer: “I’ll Do Anything with Adele”
- Chris Brown Pledges to Donate Portion of ‘Royalty’ Pre-Orders for Christmas
- Erykah Badu Shades Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Music Awards: “What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap”
- Win Walt Disney Records’ The Legacy Collection
- Win A Disney Holiday Gift Basket