Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong Joins ‘The Voice’
The show’s official Twitter even released a photo of the two performers looking pretty chummy together.
The Voice (@NBCTheVoice) July 27, 2012
Billie Joe, who’s a fan of the show, said in a statement that The Voice is different than some of the other singing competitions.
“It’s not molding an artist, it’s just giving them a little big of guidance and direction without giving them a complete makeover,” he said.
The show’s host, Carson Daly, is also pretty excited about Billie Joe’s decision to join Team Christina.
“One of the great rock frontmen of all time,” Daly told CBS Local. “We’re beyond excited that he’s joined Team Voice and Team Christina and it’s Team Christina who’s really benefiting because Billy Joe’s got a lot of great experience to share with them and his mentorship is going to be of great benefit to them. We’re super excited.”
The Voice premieres September 10 on NBC.
Green Day is getting to release a trio of albums, Uno!, Dos! and Tres!, over the next five months, starting on September 25.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo