Pet Shop Boys Honor Robin Gibb With Bee Gees Cover
The Pet Shop Boys will put their synth-pop spin on the Bee Gees’ “I Started a Joke” on their upcoming EP, Winner, out August 6th.
The cover comes in honor of Bee Gee Robin Gibb, who died of liver and kidney failure in May. “I Started a Joke” is from the Bee Gees’ 1968 album Idea, and was also famously covered by rockers Faith No More.
Pet Shop Boys also dropped the music video for title track “Winner” today, which features roller derby team the London Rollergirls. The clip revolves around rookie member Dirty Diana, as she finds her place on the team and gains confidence as a transgendered woman. Watch below.
The four-track EP single will also feature songs “A Certain ‘Je Ne Sais Quoi’” and “The Way Through the Woods (Long Version).”
“Winner” is taken from the band’s upcoming album Elysium, out Sept. 18.
Next up for the Pet Shop Boys is an alleged performance at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics on August 12th; however, event officials are keeping a tight lid on the official list of artists scheduled to take the stage.
- Nee-Sa Lossing, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Kim’s College: Tribeca Film Festival, No Kardashians In NJ & Pink Lyrics
- Joan Rivers Trash Talks Hostages, Clooney Stands Up For Obama & Khloe K Not Wanted In NJ: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan