The Pet Shop Boys will put their synth-pop spin on the Bee Gees’ “I Started a Joke” on their upcoming EP, Winner, out August 6th.
The cover comes in honor of Bee Gee Robin Gibb, who died of liver and kidney failure in May. “I Started a Joke” is from the Bee Gees’ 1968 album Idea, and was also famously covered by rockers Faith No More.
Pet Shop Boys also dropped the music video for title track “Winner” today, which features roller derby team the London Rollergirls. The clip revolves around rookie member Dirty Diana, as she finds her place on the team and gains confidence as a transgendered woman. Watch below.
The four-track EP single will also feature songs “A Certain ‘Je Ne Sais Quoi’” and “The Way Through the Woods (Long Version).”
“Winner” is taken from the band’s upcoming album Elysium, out Sept. 18.
Next up for the Pet Shop Boys is an alleged performance at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics on August 12th; however, event officials are keeping a tight lid on the official list of artists scheduled to take the stage.
– Nee-Sa Lossing, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Rihanna’s ‘Love On The Brain’
- Ariana Grande & Mac Miller Show Off New Tattoos
- Kanye West Talks Saint Pablo Tour Production Design
- Drake Announces New Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Kevin Bacon Raids Britney Spears’ Wardrobe for Apple Music
- Usher Announces New Album ‘Hard II Love’ Shares New Song ‘Missin U’