Artists are always looking for new ways to interact with their fans and Green Day is no different. Much like The Killers’ current “reveal the album art” Facebook campaign, the boys from the Bay Area have launched an interactive twist to their brightly colored album art.
With the goal of spreading fan’s album art virally, Green Day has teamed up with WebDoc, a social media accelerator based in Switzerland and San Fransisco.
After connecting via Facebook and quickly activating a free WebDoc account, users will be asked to take advantage of their computer’s video camera. With a few test shots and correct placement of your head, you’ll have a personalized version of the ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! or ¡Tre! album to share with friends.
Click here to get started.
“Oh Love,” the first single from ¡Uno! is available now while a special-edition Oh Love E.P. will be available exclusively through Walmart locations on August 14th. The 5-track disc contains “Oh Love” plus four live songs; “American Idiot,” “Boulevard of Broken Dreams,” “21 Guns,” and “Know Your Enemy.”
Green Day’s trilogy, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! ¡Tre! hits stores September 25th, November 13th and January 15th respectively .
–Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Rihanna’s ‘Love On The Brain’
- Ariana Grande & Mac Miller Show Off New Tattoos
- Kanye West Talks Saint Pablo Tour Production Design
- Drake Announces New Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Kevin Bacon Raids Britney Spears’ Wardrobe for Apple Music
- Usher Announces New Album ‘Hard II Love’ Shares New Song ‘Missin U’