Simon Cowell Weighs in on Mariah’s ‘Idol’ Role
Of course, Simon Cowell has something to say about Mariah Carey’s new gig on Idol.
While Cowell was supportive of Mariah joining his new show, The X Factor, it seems he’s had a change of heart. Claiming she might be a little too polite for reality TV.
“I think she’s going to find it difficult to say ‘no’ [to contestants],” Cowell said while doing press for his show. “She’s sweet.”
The cranky Brit went on to say that his new judges, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato, aren’t as nice as they look. In fact, he’s taken to calling them the “gruesome twosome.” He said Britney is “quite mean” and Demi is a “brat.” He even recently tweeted about how bratty she actually is.
Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) June 29, 2012
But Cowell wasn’t all gloom and doom, he eventually admitted Mariah would be fine: “I think she’s going to be great.”
Mariah reportedly signed an $18 million dollar contract with American Idol, making her the highest paid judge on reality TV.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo