Simon Cowell Weighs in on Mariah’s ‘Idol’ Role
Of course, Simon Cowell has something to say about Mariah Carey’s new gig on Idol.
While Cowell was supportive of Mariah joining his new show, The X Factor, it seems he’s had a change of heart. Claiming she might be a little too polite for reality TV.
“I think she’s going to find it difficult to say ‘no’ [to contestants],” Cowell said while doing press for his show. “She’s sweet.”
The cranky Brit went on to say that his new judges, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato, aren’t as nice as they look. In fact, he’s taken to calling them the “gruesome twosome.” He said Britney is “quite mean” and Demi is a “brat.” He even recently tweeted about how bratty she actually is.
Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) June 29, 2012
But Cowell wasn’t all gloom and doom, he eventually admitted Mariah would be fine: “I think she’s going to be great.”
Mariah reportedly signed an $18 million dollar contract with American Idol, making her the highest paid judge on reality TV.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande & Big Sean Broke Up Because Life Is Cruel
- Prince’s Facebook Got Hacked with Promise of New Music, Omelets
- Interview: Kodaline Embraces the Unknown on New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Members Are Claiming She’s Awake
- Lady Antebellum’s ‘Long Stretch of Love’ Video Showcases Sold-Out O2 Performance: Watch
- Sam Smith Says Being Called Fat Is Worse Than Any Homophobic Slur