Lady Gaga Is Being Sued By Bratz Doll Makers
Lady Gaga has been busy lately, putting the final touches on her upcoming album, readying her new perfume and sharing music with fans. Amidst her jam-packed schedule she’s being sued by Bratz Doll makers for $10 million. It turns out Mother Monster has been too busy to fit the approval of a line of Gaga dolls into her schedule.
Bloomberg News reports that the Bratz maker is filing a breach of contract in New York. Last December it was agreed upon to make dolls in Lady Gaga’s image with the expected shipment date of this summer so the dolls would be available for purchase just in time for the holiday season.
The company making the dolls, MGA, claims that Gaga’s camp have purposely delayed the approval of the dolls until next year and instead went forth on plans to release her perfume, Fame.
Lady Gaga’s representatives tell a different story.
“This is a dispute between Universal Music Group’s merchandising company and MGA,” said Amanda Silverman, a spokeswoman for Lady Gaga. “There was no legitimate reason for dragging Lady Gaga into that dispute. Lady Gaga will vigorously defend MGA’s ill-conceived lawsuit and is confident that she will prevail.”
While fans are likely disappointed that their very own Lady Gaga Bratz doll won’t be available this holiday season, they’ll at least have some perfume to hold them over until her album release.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set