Fan Recreates Beyonce’s “Countdown” Shot For Shot In A Snuggie
Ton-Do took the time to study, learn and recreate Beyonce’s music video for her song “Countdown.” When we say he recreated the music video, we literally mean he recreated it. We’re talking video editing effects, camera angles, dance moves, wardrobe, a backup dancer, facial expressions – the whole enchilada. Oh, and Ton-Do does it all in a bright blue Snuggie.
The only real differences are the budget and the fact that he’s not a voluptuous international superstar.
He told MTV how he perfected each part of the video before he started filming.
“For each specific part, I would just look on YouTube and try and get it down to a T in front of my mirror and go off and film it,” Ton said. “It’s so tiring, and do you know what it’s like to be in a Snuggie in the middle of July?”
Being the kind-hearted, humble lady she is, Beyonce gave Ton-Do kudos on her website, claiming that he did the video better than she did.
When the original “Countdown” video first came out, Beyonce was slammed with allegations of plagiarism from Belgain choreographer, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker. In repsonse to Keersmaeker’s claims, Queen B said it was obvious the ballet Keersmaeker choreographed, Rosas danst Rosas, was part of her inspiration for the video, as well as movies like Funny Face and Flashdance.
Sarah Scroggins, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win: Phillip Phillips Autographed Guitar
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- Bono Calls U2’s Surprise iTunes Album Release ‘Punk Rock': ‘Annoy People and Get in Their Faces’
- Prince Releases New Song ‘Funknroll': Listen
- This Week On FM Magazine: Gilda’s Club Northern New Jersey
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’