Fan Recreates Beyonce’s “Countdown” Shot For Shot In A Snuggie
Ton-Do took the time to study, learn and recreate Beyonce’s music video for her song “Countdown.” When we say he recreated the music video, we literally mean he recreated it. We’re talking video editing effects, camera angles, dance moves, wardrobe, a backup dancer, facial expressions – the whole enchilada. Oh, and Ton-Do does it all in a bright blue Snuggie.
The only real differences are the budget and the fact that he’s not a voluptuous international superstar.
He told MTV how he perfected each part of the video before he started filming.
“For each specific part, I would just look on YouTube and try and get it down to a T in front of my mirror and go off and film it,” Ton said. “It’s so tiring, and do you know what it’s like to be in a Snuggie in the middle of July?”
Being the kind-hearted, humble lady she is, Beyonce gave Ton-Do kudos on her website, claiming that he did the video better than she did.
When the original “Countdown” video first came out, Beyonce was slammed with allegations of plagiarism from Belgain choreographer, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker. In repsonse to Keersmaeker’s claims, Queen B said it was obvious the ballet Keersmaeker choreographed, Rosas danst Rosas, was part of her inspiration for the video, as well as movies like Funny Face and Flashdance.
Sarah Scroggins, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’