Kelly Clarkson Gives Her Choice For New ‘Idol’ Judge
Kelly Clarkson thinks she knows who should be the next American Idol judge and it definitely isn’t her.
“Didn’t she major in journalism or something?” Clarkson told the mag. “And she can have that face . . . that bluff face! She can put that on! She would be good.”
Underwood did indeed earned a bachelor’s degree in mass communication with an emphasis in journalism from Northeastern State University back in 2006, a year after she won American Idol.
But when asked this very question, the singer felt she may not be the best judge. In an interview this spring with Charlotte station WSOC, Underwood explained, “Obviously I know what it’s like to be on the show and what happens after the show. but I don’t know if I can be critical. When the judges do say something negative, people boo them. I would cry!”
Then again, she didn’t entirely rule out the possibility. “I love that show,” she said, “and if they ever said, ‘Hey we need you to do anything’ I totally would.”
Kelly on the other hand doesn’t quite think she’s got what it takes to be a critic. In a recent interview, she said she would make a better mentor. From her time on Idol, she said she would be able to get them energized and realize how much fun it really is up there.
Last week, Kelly finished up the first season of Duets, where she used her expertise to help partner Jason Farol finish in the top three. The singer also helped whip her friend Blake Shelton‘s team into shape on The Voice.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Meghan Trainor Gets Animated for ‘Peanuts Movie’ Soundtrack
- Jaden Smith Releases Cryptic Video for “Scarface”
- Watch The Weeknd Get Set on Fire in New ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ Video
- Rihanna Tried and Failed to Perform at Baltimore Protests
- Imagine Dragons, Jack Johnson to Play Farm Aid in Chicago This Year
- Tom Cruise Takes on Jimmy Fallon in Epic Lip Synch Battle