Whitney Houston Exhibit to Open at Grammy Museum
In honor of Whitney Houston, The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles will feature an exhibit dedicated to the career of the late diva.
Whitney! Celebrating the Musical Legacy of Whitney Houston, opening August 15 and continuing through February 2013, features some of the singer’s memorabilia including backstage photographs, scrapbooks, concert posters and her Bible. Also on display is the white beaded gown Whitney wore at the 1994 Grammy Awards, where she took home Album of the Year for The Bodyguard soundtrack, along with other stage costumes.
“This exhibit is a token of appreciation from our family for Whitney’s fans to enjoy and embrace,” Pat Houston, Whitney’s manager and sister-in-law, said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. “We hope they are as elated as we are to have shared in such a remarkable life.”
The museum interviewed artists and musicians who have worked or have been influenced by Whitney, along with family and friends. These videos will also be on display.
The exhibit debuts the same week Whitney’s final film, Sparkle, debuts in theaters. The movie, which also stars Jordin Sparks, is out August 10.
- Working w/ Whitney ‘In The Impossible Box’ On Jordin’s Bucket List >
- Watch Jordin Sparks ‘Celebrate’ Whitney in New Video >
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause