Rob Thomas Co-Hosts ‘Live! With Kelly,’ Talks Love, Marriage and Tattoos
Rob Thomas might just have found himself a day job as co-host of Live With Kelly. This morning the Matchbox Twenty frontman showed off his charm chatting about his wife, his dogs and his tattoos with Kelly Ripa.
Rob spent the morning grilling chipotle mahi-mahi, finding Kelly’s new co-host and chatting up actor, John Stamos. “There’s one thing that’s universally true,” Rob said. “Ladies like John Stamos.”
Looking classy in his fitted navy blue suit, Rob showed off his style in a pair of black diamond earrings, a gift from his wife, Marisol, who was with him at the show. The singer even assured the audience: “Don’t adjust your television at home, I am this adorable.”
Always the gentleman, Rob even pulled out a chair for co-host Kelly. It seems he’s learned a thing or two after being married for 14 years.
(Above: Rob Thomas shows viewers pictures of his dogs/Donna Svennevik, Disney-ABC Domestic TV)
The singer also talked about his six tattoos, specifically the one he has on his wrist. That one he says was his “never get a real job” tattoo. But he’s not proud of all his inking decisions.
“I’ve got one I designed when I was 16,” he said. “My wife makes me keep it to remind me how stupid I am sometimes.”
Rob said it’s his wife who’s the real tattoo buff though. With seven total, Rob says she’s like a biker chick, “a supermodel biker” to be exact.
The couple even has matching tattoos, which many at the time thought was a bad idea. Even after announcing their engagement, people still thought the tattoo was too much of a commitment.
“It was like, ‘you can get married,’ but a tattoo? It’s so permanent!” Rob joked.
Matchbox Twenty will release their fourth studio album, North, on September 4.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo