P!nk Fights Authority; P!nk Always Wins
Music’s resident bad girl has taken a break from her wild ways to focus on motherhood but don’t think that’s stopping P!nk from dishing out her usual dose of me-against-the-world on her new album, The Truth About Love.
P!nk, along with her husband Carey Hart and one-year-old daughter Willow, stopped by 92.3 NOW/New York to talk about her new album, out on September 18.
Fans can expect several surprise collaborations but she wouldn’t say from who exactly. But she did reveal we can expect to hear someone new to the music game.
P!nk said her new single, “Blow Me (One Last Kiss),” is about an emotion she felt that has stayed with her over time.
“I write from experience and this was sort of a left over experience,” she said. “I’m good for blow-off steam, have a drink and get on the dance floor, ‘I’m going to exercise some demons’ [tracks] – that’s like my thing.”
She said she’s very excited and proud of the new album.
“It’s all over the place, I’m a mystery bag,” she said. “It’s some of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever written.” Though her favorite song from the album changes every day, she said right now she’s digging “How Come You’re Not Here,” “Just Give Me A Reason” and “The Great Escape.”
P!nk is almost 13 years into her career and in that time she’s had several run-ins with industry types because of her “anti-authority” and “controversial” persona. They only pushed her to be even more rebellious.
“I feel like certain people gave me a chance,” she said. “After a while, they realized I wasn’t going away like they were hoping. Certain key people gave me a chance and I wasn’t as rude as I used to be, and we all grow and learn.”
-Sarah Scroggins, 92.3 NOW/New York
- Video: Pink Performs “F’n Perfect” Acoustic In Studio >
- Video: Pink Performs “Who Knew” Acoustic In Studio >
- Video: Pink Talks American Idol >
- Photos: Pink Performs @ Fresh 102.7 >
- Photos: Pink Meets Fans @ Fresh 102.7 >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy