Aurora, CO: Mass Shooting During ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Movie
AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – A terrifying shooting at an Aurora movie theater overnight left 13 people dead and about 38 people hurt.
The shooting happened at about 12:30 a.m. at the Town Center in Aurora at the Century 16 theater on East Alameda Avenue. Reports first came in that there were explosions in the theater showing the new Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises.” Shots then rang out, and a frantic scene followed.
Police said a gunman with a gas mask on and dressed in black shot and killed dozens and dozens of people. Authorities say the suspect, James Holmes, 24, killed 10 people inside the theater complex and that three others died after they were taken from the scene. A three-month-old was among the dozens who were hurt, but the baby was treated and released from the hospital.
Read More On This Story @ CBS Denver:
- Movie Theater Shooting In Aurora, CO >
- Police Release Name Of Aurora Shooting Suspect >
- Aurora Shooting Latest In A Long Line Of U.S. Mass Shootings >
- Live Video Coverage from CBS Denver >
- Photo Gallery >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lindsey Stirling Challenges Cane To A Violin-Charged Game Of ‘Name That Tune’
- Kelly Clarkson Sets March Release Date for ‘Piece By Piece’
- Jason Mraz Announces More Dates on Yes! World Tour
- Michael Moore Responds to ‘Haters,’ Points Out His Support for Troops
- Watch Nick Jonas Perform ‘Jealous,’ Show Off His Evening Wear at Miss Universe 2015
- Win A Violin Autographed By Lindsey Stirling.