Frank Ocean‘s debut set, Channel Orange, hit No. 2 on the sales charts, moving 131,000 in its first week. Orange beat out the first-week sales of Usher’s Looking 4 Myself (128K) and nearly equalled Chris Brown’s Fortune (135K), which was released earlier this month.
The release of Channel Orange comes on the heels of Ocean’s July 4 announcement that he once had a love affair with a man. Prior to his big announcement, Ocean was expected to sell a third of that amount.
Despite his spat with retailer Target, which refused to stock the album because of the early digital release, Orange moved 3000 physical CD copies as well.
The top spot this week went to the Zac Brown Band, moving over 230K of their country album Uncaged. Justin Bieber came in at No. 3 scanning 45K after four weeks of Believe. —Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Like Father, Like Son’
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 6 New Songs From Fresh 102.7’s Top Artists
- Billy Joel Crashes Cover Band Set on Long Island
- Coldplay Cover Bee Gees with Barry Gibb
- Listen to Rihanna’s ‘Sledgehammer’ from ‘Star Trek Beyond’
- Enter To Win A Day Out with Thomas In New Jersey