‘Dark Knight Rises’ Fuels Online Fury Between Critics, Fans
LOS ANGELES (CBS) – Movie review round-up site RottenTomatoes.com took the unprecedented step of turning off user feedback to critics’ summaries this week after comments began to become threatening to those critics cool to “The Dark Knight Rises,” Christopher Nolan’s final film in his Batman trilogy.
“The job of policing the comments became more than my staff could handle for that film, so we stopped the comments altogether,” said the site’s editor-in-chief Matt Atchity to the Associated Press. “It just got to be too much hate based on reactions to reviews of movies that people hadn’t even seen.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog