Colbie Caillat On Why She Won’t Join “American Idol” As Judge
Colbie Caillat is no stranger to reality shows. In fact, she auditioned for American Idol. Twice.
“I’m really glad it didn’t work out. My friends talked me into auditioning for it. I was too shy for the show,” she told CBS Local.
Despite being turned away, Colbie said she still watches the show and is particularly fond of now departed judge J.Lo.
“I think that J.Lo is an amazing judge. She really is I think one of the best ones that have been on that show,” she said. “She really gives great critiques but also advice, encouragement and compliments to these young artists.”
So, would Colbie ever consider being a judge?
“I don’t know if I would want to be a judge on one of the shows. I’ve thought about it but I know everyone is also now doing it,” she said. “I think I’m going to stick to music and maybe I’m going to start my own animal shelter and go that direction for a little bit. I’m not really good with TV.”
While you won’t be seeing Colbie judging a TV show anytime soon, she did reveal her plans to start an animal shelter.
“There are lots of animal shelters all over but I want to have a no kill shelter where we adopt animals out to people and if any kind of animal is not being adopted then they can stay there and live a good life,” she said. “I want to buy acres of land where they can roam free.”
An advocate against buying animals in pet stores, Colbie said this cause is close to her heart.
“I always encourage my friends and people not to buy from the pet stores and get puppies from breeders because there are so many amazing animals. I adopted two dogs that are so beautiful and the best things ever,” she said. “Just teaching people about that is really important to me. Something bigger than music.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo