Jean, who was once embroiled in a tumultuous relationship with the Grammy-winning Hill, said he remains in her corner.
“Actually, you know, I ain’t speak to Lauryn. It’s been a minute,” Jean admitted to Montreality. “I heard about the little drama she got in the news, wishing her better on that. You know? Actually, I was on the phone with Pras earlier. It’s all good. Nothing but love for the Fugees.”
Weeks ago, former Fugees MC Pras weighed in on Hill’s legal issues. “I’m bugging! I can’t believe it!,” he told Global Grind. “But I don’t believe she’ll go to jail, but d*mn bail is 150K?! Zimmerman was about the same. Go figure!”
Hill pleaded guilty in June for failing to file income tax returns between 2005 and 2007. She is awaiting a sentencing date this coming November and faces a year in prison on each 3 counts if found guilty.
Wyclef also revealed that he is working on a book on his life and career.
“First book’s coming out in September. My first book is called Purpose,” he said. “Because that’s the first thing I did, right? I had to find my purpose. That’s what a lot of us go through. …It’s like a biography of Wyclef.”
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Make Ed Sheeran Eat the Most Disgusting Food in Japan
- Beyoncé Buys $3,500 Worth of Sandwiches
- Cyndi Lauper Performs ‘When You Were Mine’ for Prince
- Nick Jonas Kills a Cover of Zara Larsson’s ‘Lush Life’
- Duncan Jones Says ‘Goodbye’ to Father David Bowie
- Does Britney Spears’ New Single Feature G-Eazy?