Robin Thicke To Make Big Screen Debut
After taking over the small screen with Duets, Robin Thicke is heading to the big screen for his acting debut.
Robin just landed a role in the indie film, Abby in the Summer. The movies revolves around an adrenaline junkie who gets fired and starts to deal with her life, according to Entertainment Weekly. Abby specifically has to deal with her love life, which includes her distracted husband and an ex-boyfriend, played by Robin.
The movie also stars Jaime Pressly, Joey Lauren Adams and Frances Conroy from American Horror Story. It’s slated to begin filming this week in Los Angeles.
Robin isn’t the only one from the reality singing competition TV show circuit making his film debut. Adam Levine from Maroon 5 and The Voice will also appear in Can a Song Save Your Life? alongside Keira Knightly playing, what else, an aspiring singer.
And he might be new to Hollywood, but the singer does have a few connections. His wife, actress Paula Patton, has appeared in movies like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and Precious. And, of course, let’s not forget his dad, Alan “Mr. Seaver” Thicke from the ‘80s sitcom, Growing Pains. Now the real question is, who will he go to first for acting advice?
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video
- Avril Lavigne Tries to Go Big in Japan for ‘Hello Kitty’ Video
- Watch A Great Big World Fall in Love, Long Distance in ‘Already Home’
- Lorde Postpones Upcoming Tour Due To Chest Infection
- Eminem, OutKast, Pearl Jam & Lorde to Headline Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Win Tickets To ‘Heathers The Musical’