Robin Thicke To Make Big Screen Debut
After taking over the small screen with Duets, Robin Thicke is heading to the big screen for his acting debut.
Robin just landed a role in the indie film, Abby in the Summer. The movies revolves around an adrenaline junkie who gets fired and starts to deal with her life, according to Entertainment Weekly. Abby specifically has to deal with her love life, which includes her distracted husband and an ex-boyfriend, played by Robin.
The movie also stars Jaime Pressly, Joey Lauren Adams and Frances Conroy from American Horror Story. It’s slated to begin filming this week in Los Angeles.
Robin isn’t the only one from the reality singing competition TV show circuit making his film debut. Adam Levine from Maroon 5 and The Voice will also appear in Can a Song Save Your Life? alongside Keira Knightly playing, what else, an aspiring singer.
And he might be new to Hollywood, but the singer does have a few connections. His wife, actress Paula Patton, has appeared in movies like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and Precious. And, of course, let’s not forget his dad, Alan “Mr. Seaver” Thicke from the ‘80s sitcom, Growing Pains. Now the real question is, who will he go to first for acting advice?
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together