Pink Weighs In On Why She Won’t Join “American Idol”
When asked if she would ever want to lend her hand to a show like American Idol- grooming, critiquing and helping new talents – Pink said she would but in a more honest, musical form.
“I’ve always had the same reaction to American Idol and now X Factor and now all 80 other shows,” she admits. “It’s a little glossy. The only person that can really be honest is Simon Cowell.”
- Video: Pink Performs “Who Knew” Acoustic In Studio >
- Video: Pink Performs “F’n Perfect” Acoustic In Studio >
- Video: P!nk Fights Authority; P!nk Always Wins >
- Photos: Pink Performs @ Fresh 102.7 >
- Photos: Pink Meets Fans @ Fresh 102.7 >
But what if there were no Simon? “I would be the honest voice but people wouldn’t like it,” Pink confessed.
However if given the chance, Pink said she wouldn’t take the job right now.
“Nah, we’re going on the road. We’re gypsies!”
One judge she does enjoy watching is Kelly Clarkson on Duets. “I love Kelly Clarkson and her voice is beyond magical,” Pink said.
Currently gearing up for the release of her upcoming album The Truth About Love, Pink just revealed the album cover art on Twitter. The Truth About Love drops September 18.
-Joe Cingrana, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set