Listen To The Gotye/Carly Rae Jepsen Mash-up That May Break The Internet
It’s no secret that Gotye and Carly Rae Jepsen have been climbing the charts and racking in the cover songs and parodies, but you haven’t heard them together until now.
California indie duo Pomplamoose decided to combine these two popular hits for one impressive mash-up called “Do Not Push.” Singer Nataly Dawn’s vocals channel Gotye’s higher range before cutting to the chorus, and with that, a lower register of “Call Me Maybe.”
According to their website, Pomplamoose enjoy making video songs for their recordings, with a few rules: “What you see is what you hear. (No lip-syncing for instruments or voice) and If you hear it, at some point you see it. (No hidden sounds).”
In their video mash-up Pomplamoose make putting away groceries look fun while dancing around the kitchen. Before long the doorbell rings and a mysterious character drops off what looks to be a time button to a bomb that reads, “Do not push.” As Jack Conte urges Nataly to push the button the duo get into a wrestling match before Nataly throws a few punches.
Sweeping electronic features and a steady drumbeat find Jack waking up in the middle of the night to find out just what happens when he pushes that button. You’ll just have to watch the video to see the end result.
With over 80,000 views in one day, Pomplamoose just might be the next big thing.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh $10,000 Thursday Artist Of The Day Giveaway
- The Sisters HAIM ‘Live In’ Their Levi’s Jeans
- Marilyn Manson Talks About Wearing Makeup with His Dad in ‘Paper’ Magazine
- Taylor Swift Grants Last Wish of 4-Year-Old Fan with Terminal Cancer
- Sleeping With Sirens Have Written the Next Big Rock Album
- Did Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Have the Most Boring Bachelor Party Ever?