Charlie Sheen Wants ‘American Idol’ Judge Spot
Since J.Lo and Steven Tyler both announced they were leaving American Idol last week, rumors have been swirling over who will take their spots at the judging table. Even unlikely names, like Charlie Sheen, have been thrown around. And now the Anger Management star is addressing those rumors.
Last night, Sheen told Jay Leno, contrary to reports, he had not been asked to take over one of the open positions on Idol.
“I heard it on the news,” the actor joked. “I thought I better respond to that.”
Sheen’s never wanted to be a judge on a reality singing show, but he figured it didn’t seem like such a bad gig. The actor even drew up some terms and sent them off to the people over at AI. He’s still waiting to hear back. Sheen did not give any details of what his demands actually were.
Though Charlie admits he’s not much of a musician—“I air guitar and drum, that’s about it”–he says he would be a good influence for the contestants.
“I think I could be helpful,” he said. “Give them some guidance without leading them to a suicide.”
Though, it’s questionable whether that’s actually true, the crowd still thinks he’s winning, erupting into big cheers when Sheen asked if he should become a judge on the 12th season of the show.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set