The Wallflowers Give Away New Song For Free
The Wallflowers are back after a five-year hiatus and to celebrate their return, the band is giving their latest single away for free.
On July 24, fans can go to the band’s website and download their new song, “Reboot The Mission.” The best part is, it’s totally free of charge.
The rock-inspired track, featuring Mick Jones, the guitarist from English punkers The Clash, is the first single off their upcoming album, Glad All Over, due out October 2.
Jakob Dylan and the boys just wrapped recording in Nashville, Tennessee and are already hitting the road for a few shows.
On their short tour hitting cities New York, Chicago, Asbury Park, NJ and Dover, Delaware at the end of July the band plans to try out some new material from their 6th studio album and of course, play their hits like “One Headlight” and “6th Avenue Heartache” off of 1996’s Bringing Down the Horse.
This is the Wallflower’s first album since Rebel,Sweetheart in 2005. The band went on hiatus in 2007, but Jakob kept busy, releasing two solo albums, 2008’s Seeing Things and Women + Country in 2010.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo