Maroon 5 Still Refuse To Reveal Where Their Name Came From
Some things are just meant to be kept a secret. At least that’s what Maroon 5’s James Valentine tells us about the origin of the band’s name.
While Valentine wouldn’t reveal the details behind the meaning of Maroon 5 he did provide CBS Local with a little back story.
“The genesis of the name Maroon 5 is a secret and only the members of Maroon 5 and Billy Joel know,” he said.
So how exactly did Billy Joel come to learn the band’s big secret?
“We ran into Billy Joel at a restaurant and he sat down with us and asked us and we couldn’t say no to Billy Joel, so ask Billy Joel.”
If you are absolutely dying to know, Billy Joel is on Twitter — perhaps if enough people ask him, he’ll cough up an answer. But, even that might not solve the mystery.
“He probably doesn’t even remember,” Valentine said. “It’s not that good of a story but we decided early on to keep it a secret. So, sorry.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’