Maroon 5 Still Refuse To Reveal Where Their Name Came From
Some things are just meant to be kept a secret. At least that’s what Maroon 5’s James Valentine tells us about the origin of the band’s name.
While Valentine wouldn’t reveal the details behind the meaning of Maroon 5 he did provide CBS Local with a little back story.
“The genesis of the name Maroon 5 is a secret and only the members of Maroon 5 and Billy Joel know,” he said.
So how exactly did Billy Joel come to learn the band’s big secret?
“We ran into Billy Joel at a restaurant and he sat down with us and asked us and we couldn’t say no to Billy Joel, so ask Billy Joel.”
If you are absolutely dying to know, Billy Joel is on Twitter — perhaps if enough people ask him, he’ll cough up an answer. But, even that might not solve the mystery.
“He probably doesn’t even remember,” Valentine said. “It’s not that good of a story but we decided early on to keep it a secret. So, sorry.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog