Jay-Z Adds Three More Dates For Barclays Brooklyn Gigs
Hip-Hop fans hoping to snatch up tickets for Jay-Z’s much anticipated string of homecoming shows in Brooklyn are in luck. The hip-hip superstar, who previously had announced five concerts to celebrate the opening of the new Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, New York, has added three more dates.
“We can’t control the secondary market,” explained Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark to the New York Daily News. The new dates were added to deflate the high ticket prices on the web. Jay-Z and his team have taken on the issue by pricing 7000 seats at $30 for each show. On some ticket sites, tickets priced at $29.50 are being sold for as much as $195.
“We price these shows so that anybody who wants to come can,” added Yormark. Jay-Z, a minority owner of the newly christened Brooklyn Nets, will kick off the Barclays Center home of the former New Jersey NBA franchise. But the Barclays Arena will not only host the Roc Nation music mogul. Future shows at the newly constructed entertainment complex this fall will include Barbra Streisand, Justin Biber, and Neil Young.
Jay-Z will also be opening up a new 40/40 Club at the Barclays Center in September. The rhyme icon is building a 9,000 square-foot version of his posh sports bar/restaurant inside the Brooklyn Nets’ new home.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Concert Bracelets Save Teens After Car Wreck
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- Tracy Morgan to Give First Interview Since His Car Accident Last Summer
- U2 Honor Fallen Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Live in Los Angeles