Jay-Z Adds Three More Dates For Barclays Brooklyn Gigs
Hip-Hop fans hoping to snatch up tickets for Jay-Z’s much anticipated string of homecoming shows in Brooklyn are in luck. The hip-hip superstar, who previously had announced five concerts to celebrate the opening of the new Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, New York, has added three more dates.
“We can’t control the secondary market,” explained Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark to the New York Daily News. The new dates were added to deflate the high ticket prices on the web. Jay-Z and his team have taken on the issue by pricing 7000 seats at $30 for each show. On some ticket sites, tickets priced at $29.50 are being sold for as much as $195.
“We price these shows so that anybody who wants to come can,” added Yormark. Jay-Z, a minority owner of the newly christened Brooklyn Nets, will kick off the Barclays Center home of the former New Jersey NBA franchise. But the Barclays Arena will not only host the Roc Nation music mogul. Future shows at the newly constructed entertainment complex this fall will include Barbra Streisand, Justin Biber, and Neil Young.
Jay-Z will also be opening up a new 40/40 Club at the Barclays Center in September. The rhyme icon is building a 9,000 square-foot version of his posh sports bar/restaurant inside the Brooklyn Nets’ new home.
–Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings