Hip-Hop fans hoping to snatch up tickets for Jay-Z’s much anticipated string of homecoming shows in Brooklyn are in luck. The hip-hip superstar, who previously had announced five concerts to celebrate the opening of the new Barclays Arena in Brooklyn, New York, has added three more dates.
“We can’t control the secondary market,” explained Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark to the New York Daily News. The new dates were added to deflate the high ticket prices on the web. Jay-Z and his team have taken on the issue by pricing 7000 seats at $30 for each show. On some ticket sites, tickets priced at $29.50 are being sold for as much as $195.
“We price these shows so that anybody who wants to come can,” added Yormark. Jay-Z, a minority owner of the newly christened Brooklyn Nets, will kick off the Barclays Center home of the former New Jersey NBA franchise. But the Barclays Arena will not only host the Roc Nation music mogul. Future shows at the newly constructed entertainment complex this fall will include Barbra Streisand, Justin Biber, and Neil Young.
Jay-Z will also be opening up a new 40/40 Club at the Barclays Center in September. The rhyme icon is building a 9,000 square-foot version of his posh sports bar/restaurant inside the Brooklyn Nets’ new home.
—Keith Murphy, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’