Stevie Nicks Says Fleetwood Mac Will Tour Again in 2013
Earlier this year, Mick Fleetwood told Playboy, “I don’t believe Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again” – but now Stevie Nicks says band members won’t exactly “go their own way.”
On CBS This Morning yesterday (July 11), Nicks confirmed that the ’70s rockers will return to the road in 2013 for a tour with “everybody on board” – something that’s been on hold for several years due to the solo careers of Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham. Watch Nicks’ interview with CBS’ Gayle King and Erica Hill here.
Throughout the interview, Nicks reflected on her 40 years in rock ‘n’ roll, speaking candidly about sex, drugs and band feuds.
Of staying sober, Nicks said: “I’m up there doing a two hour and ten minute show right now and I don’t even have a drink before I go on stage. Sometimes I laugh and I look out and I’m swirling around. And I’m thinking you know what? I’m totally sober and I’m having such a good time.”
As for her near-lifelong bachelorette status (she was briefly married in 1983), Nicks noted: “Once I joined the band in ’68, Lindsey’s band, I wanted to be a rock ‘n’ roll star. I wanted to be a rock ‘n’ roll singer, so I kind of chose. I really kind of made that decision not to [get married]. I went out with lots of amazing men and I had a lot of amazing relationships, but in the back of my mind, when it came down to do what I really want, that [marriage] will stop me from doing what I want to do the way I want to do it.”
Nicks is currently wrapping a tour in support of her acclaimed 2011 album, In Your Dreams, and will begin another Heart & Soul tour alongside Rod Stewart on July 20.
- Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Maroon 5 Finally Find More Than a Friend in ‘It Was Always You’
- Single Again: Eve 6 – ‘Inside Out’
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J Join Forces for Sassy New Song ‘Bang Bang’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Q&A: La Roux Faces Sexism Amid Her Summery, ’70s Sci-Fi Album ‘Trouble In Paradise’