It’s a good year for fans of old-school Peter Gabriel. His most celebrated album, 1986’s So, is going to be the subject of a documentary and the centerpiece of his next tour.
His last few projects have seen him working with symphony orchestras: nary a drum kit nor guitar was heard on his latest releases Scratch My Back (2010), New Blood (2011) or Live Blood (2012). Members of his So-era band will be interviewed for the documentary, and will reunite with Gabriel for the tour. So featured “Red Rain,” “Sledgehammer,” “Big Time,” “In Your Eyes” and “Don’t Give Up.”
The So documentary is part of the Classic Albums series; this edition will be coming out on BluRay and DVD on September 18. Gabriel was interviewed for the doc, as was producer Daniel Lanois, bassist Tony Levin, and drummers Jerry Marotta and Manu Katche.
The tour will kick off in Quebec City on September 16. The show will also feature songs from his other albums as well.
Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: The Family iPad is Not So Family Friendly
- Lady Gaga is Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl!
- It’s Official: Lady Gaga to Perform at Super Bowl Halftime
- One Direction Weigh in on Niall Horan’s Solo Debut
- Shawn Mendes is Definitely Up for a Niall Horan Collaboration
- Carson and Cane: ‘Pissy Pat’ Wants You To Know the Bread is Fresh