She may have gained a #1 song, but Florence Welch, singer of Florence + the Machine, has lost her voice. The chanteuse announced today, via her website, that she has canceled a performance at the Benicassim and Optimus Alive Festival this week in Spain.
In a blog post, Welch says, “I’ve sustained a vocal injury and been told I cannot sing for a week.. seriously I felt something snap, it was very frightening.” The singer offered her apologies for fans, but it seems this won’t be a problem that keeps her down for long, as the band have also added a date in Denver on July 26th as part of her short U.S. summer tour and has not yet canceled her July 14 performance in Lisbon.
In happier news, Florence + the Machine have claimed the top spot on the iTunes chart with the Calvin Harris remix of their latest single, “Spectrum (Say My Name).” Welch and DJ/producer Harris both Tweeted their excitement for the track’s journey to the top throughout the day.
The band first premiered the track in May on Britain’s BBC Radio 1, combining their indie rock with Harris’ hit-making flair. Harris is best known for his production on tracks like “Feel So Close” and Rihanna’s “We Found Love.”
-Nee-Sa Lossing, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch The Killers’ New Christmas Video ‘Dirt Sledding’
- Watch Isosine’s Nonstop Pop 2015 Mashup
- Listen to Coldplay and Beyoncé’s Collaboration, ‘Hymn for the Weekend’
- Fall Out Boy and Boyz II Men Collabo for ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ ‘Mashup Mondays’ Finale
- Coldplay Monkey Around in Video for ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’
- Win Tickets To See X-Ambassadors & Muse In Concert