The Killers World Premiere New Single “Runaways”
Nevada-based rock band The Killers are showing some home state pride in their new album Battle Born. After a yearlong hiatus and some solo stints, frontman Brandon Flowers was inspired to use the name–which is also the moniker for the Killers’ studio in Las Vegas–as the title of the Killers’ upcoming fourth album.
“We never knew what to do with it. Day & Age was us trying to be more of a pop group, but “Runaways” was rootsy and American, and it threw me for a curve,” said Flowers. “I knew it was a powerful song. But when it came time to make the album there was an understanding the four of us had that we were gonna do what we’re good at. The Killers write a specific kind of song and we’re not gonna shy away from it. So ‘Runaways’ became a kind of launching pad.”
And their new album definitely lives up to its evocative name.
“It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done, no question,” says Flowers. “It’s the longest we’ve ever taken to make a record, and the longest I’ve ever spent on the lyrics. We thought we had enough songs, but then we realized that we didn’t, and so we had to pound away and grind it out until we were certain that we were ready.”
“I feel like there are a lot of live moments on this album, more than we’ve ever had before,” continues Flowers. “I feel like people are going to be able to relate to and understand these songs. Pound for pound, this is our strongest record, and I’m really excited about it. We’re starting to feel more comfortable being what we are. And we’re proud of what we are.”
-Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together