Cookie Monster Sings Delicious Tribute to Carly Rae’s ‘Call Me Maybe’
It all started as a little joke, when Cookie Monster tweeted:
Cookie Monster: Me just met you. Dis is crazy. But me love cookies! Gimme, maybe?
— Sesame Street (@sesamestreet) June 18, 2012
People started retweeting like mad and now the clever ode to cookies really exists.
In this overly adorable video, Cookie sings his love for snickerdoodles, Nestle Toll House’s chocolate chip and any other kind that gets the skim milk flowing. The resident cookie lover on Sesame Street has trouble even watching others eat his favorite snack. So when he see them just about to take a bite he politely asks, “share it maybe?”
This video even gives a nod to Jimmy Fallon and The Roots, who recently got together with Carly to do a cover of her song using children’s toys like a Fisher Price rainbow xylophone. This one though takes the cake (or maybe, the cookie?) managing to out-cute Fallon.
So grab the kids and sit them down in front of the computer to watch this monster sing his love for those delicious fresh baked treats. And as always, sharing means caring.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo