Cookie Monster Sings Delicious Tribute to Carly Rae’s ‘Call Me Maybe’
It all started as a little joke, when Cookie Monster tweeted:
Cookie Monster: Me just met you. Dis is crazy. But me love cookies! Gimme, maybe?
— Sesame Street (@sesamestreet) June 18, 2012
People started retweeting like mad and now the clever ode to cookies really exists.
In this overly adorable video, Cookie sings his love for snickerdoodles, Nestle Toll House’s chocolate chip and any other kind that gets the skim milk flowing. The resident cookie lover on Sesame Street has trouble even watching others eat his favorite snack. So when he see them just about to take a bite he politely asks, “share it maybe?”
This video even gives a nod to Jimmy Fallon and The Roots, who recently got together with Carly to do a cover of her song using children’s toys like a Fisher Price rainbow xylophone. This one though takes the cake (or maybe, the cookie?) managing to out-cute Fallon.
So grab the kids and sit them down in front of the computer to watch this monster sing his love for those delicious fresh baked treats. And as always, sharing means caring.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy