“Tubthumping” No More; Chumbawamba Call It Quits
After thirty years of hit making, British rockers Chumbawamba have decided to hang it up. You probably remember them for their timeless classics “Tubthumping,” “Tubthumping” and “Tubthumping.” The band made the announcement on their website today.
“Thirty years of ideas and melodies, endless meetings and European tours, press releases, singalong choruses and Dada sound poetry, finally at an end,” a statement from the band waxed poetically. The band announced that they still plan to play a few more shows before the year is out, but no dates have been announced.
Chumbawamba shot to stardom as a one-hit wonder in 1997 with “Tubthumping.” The song reached #1, including Canada, Australia and the United States (#1 on the Top 40 Mainstream/Modern Rock, #6 on Billboard Hot 100).
In honor of Chumbawamba, we’ve put together the Essential Chumbawamba Spotify Playlist.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You