The Wanted Say Their “Call Me Maybe” Cover Shows Terrible Dance Skills
Everyone under the sun has been covering it, so why shouldn’t the Wanted get into the act? Early in June, Tom Parker and Jay McGuinness turned up in a fan video by K2K Stars with their dance act tribute to summer’s biggest hit, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
The guys sat down with B96/Chicago to reveal how they got involved.
“K2K Stars!” McGuinness interjected.
“K2K Stars yeah, it promotes like…it gets kids off the streets basically and promotes self-esteem,” Parker explained. “[They] teach them how to dance and have a fun time. Me and Jay decided to make absolute fools out of ourselves in the video by trying to dance.”
In addition to the dance skills of Parker and McGuinness, the video features a slew of tween and teen kids doing choreographed and freestyle dancing. The Wanted boys pop up about halfway through with some freestyling of their own.
Back in the interview, Parker said, “I’ll give you a rendition [of our dancing]. It was…” This was followed with a bit of absolutely spastic, and absolutely charming, dancing that he referred to as “the robot.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
- The Wanted Play What’s That Song? – Part 1>
- The Wanted On Partying Hard With Katy Perry >
- The Wanted Talk Favorite NYC Dives and Bars >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life