The Wanted Say Their “Call Me Maybe” Cover Shows Terrible Dance Skills
Everyone under the sun has been covering it, so why shouldn’t the Wanted get into the act? Early in June, Tom Parker and Jay McGuinness turned up in a fan video by K2K Stars with their dance act tribute to summer’s biggest hit, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe.”
The guys sat down with B96/Chicago to reveal how they got involved.
“K2K Stars!” McGuinness interjected.
“K2K Stars yeah, it promotes like…it gets kids off the streets basically and promotes self-esteem,” Parker explained. “[They] teach them how to dance and have a fun time. Me and Jay decided to make absolute fools out of ourselves in the video by trying to dance.”
In addition to the dance skills of Parker and McGuinness, the video features a slew of tween and teen kids doing choreographed and freestyle dancing. The Wanted boys pop up about halfway through with some freestyling of their own.
Back in the interview, Parker said, “I’ll give you a rendition [of our dancing]. It was…” This was followed with a bit of absolutely spastic, and absolutely charming, dancing that he referred to as “the robot.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
- The Wanted Play What’s That Song? – Part 1>
- The Wanted On Partying Hard With Katy Perry >
- The Wanted Talk Favorite NYC Dives and Bars >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Texas High School Students Use Drake Slogans to Decorate Parking Lot
- Justin Bieber Teases ‘What Do You Mean?’ Video
- Watch a Woman Dance to Future after Wild Police Chase
- Social Media ‘Expert’ Thinks Most Instagram Users Are #IDIOTS
- When Will Adele Finally Release New Music?
- MTV Unveils Full VMA Performers List including Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd & More