Paul McCartney Working With ‘Halo’ Video Game Creators
Sir Paul McCartney is finding inspiration in an unlikely place. The former Beatle announced via Twitter on Saturday (July 7) that he is creating new music with video game developer Bungie, of Halo fame.
— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) July 7, 2012
Since the next Halo game will not be developed by Bungie, McCartney’s collaboration with the studio is not expected to be part of Halo 4. However, Bungie is currently developing a game called Destiny, reportedly “a series of at least four massively multi-player online sci-fantasy action shooter titles.” The first game in the series is expected to launch via Xbox later this year.
Though he’s best known for his chart-topping pop songs, McCartney has also released a handful of classical and electronic albums. His classical works include the score to the Ocean’s Kingdom ballet, as well as classical albums Liverpool Oratorio and Standing Stone. McCartney’s experimental project with producer Youth, The Fireman, has released three full-lengths.
This may be his first foray into video game scoring, but McCartney is no stranger to the gaming world, after being featured as a character in The Beatles: Rock Band in 2009.
– Nee-Sa Lossing & Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog