The ladies of Destiny’s Child–Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams–are all enjoying solo careers, but Bey’s dad says there’s still hope the ’90s girl group will reunite.
In a recent interview Matthew Knowles revealed that previously unreleased music from Destiny’s Child would be put out on two albums via his label, Music World Entertainment. No release date has been announced for these records.
With talk of new music, the proud grandpa to Blue Ivy talked about the prospect of the group taking the show on the road.
“It takes a year of planning to do these tours, but first it starts with the artist wanting to do it,” he told the Huffington Post. “And I think the ladies are still working happily in their solo careers.”
Though he emphasized that there were no plans as of yet for the group to reunite, he teased hopeful fans saying: “I hope in the next five years that there is a reunion tour. I think it would be incredible.”
Knowles is currently working with his latest girl group, From Above, on a reality show that follows the five group members as they try to become the next big thing.
Fans can reminisce about the glory days of DC with the video for “Independent Women Part I” below.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Rihanna Meets with French President and First Lady
- Charli XCX Debuts Boy-Filled ‘Boys’ Video
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s Surrogate is 3 Months Pregnant: Report
- Britney Spears’ Infamous Umbrella Up for Auction
- Artists React to President Trump’s Transgender Military Ban
- Selena Gomez Debuts Dark ‘Fetish’ Video