While we’re not sure if the rumors about Adam Lambert being in talks to become a judge on American Idol are true, or who he’d replace, we think he should be considered. Here are five reasons why.
1. A former contestant judging artists is a good thing
Who better to inspire and give advice to than a former Idol contestant? Adam made it to the No. 2 spot on the eighth season of American Idol and has since seen much success. He knows the ins and outs of the show and understands the process better than any of the other judges do, so he could offer a breath of fresh air on the kind of direction and tips we get from judges to contestants.
2. Rolling Stone names Trespassing one of the best albums of 2012
Adam knows how to deliver a standout album and can only teach the contestants to do the same. Hailed as “the great pop album everybody was hoping Adam Lambert would make,” the former Rolling Stone cover boy has made his way into the hearts of many music lovers. He can teach other musicians to do the same.
3. Invigorate the American public
With American Idol taking a ratings slump and struggling with fierce competition from The Voice, the show needs Adam to diversify and help bring life to the upcoming season. Phillip Phillips is an awful lot like Kris Allen, the Idol finalist who beat Adam out on the show — although Lambert has gone on to see greater success. The samey-samey finalists could surely use a push in the Glambert direction.
4. Show up-and-coming artists how to gain press
To make it in the music industry these days it takes a lot more than talent. Sometimes a little controversy is needed. Remember his mouth-dropping 2009 American Music Awards performance, where Adam kissed a boy (and he liked it)? He had everyone talking for days. And, in this industry, any press is good press.
5. Compete with Steven Tyler’s eclectic fashion taste
Whether it’s feathers in his hair, exotic jewelry or eye-grabbing shirts, it would be interesting to see whose fashion trumps whose on a weekly basis.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut
- Madonna Calls Potential Biopic Producers Charlatans and Fools
- Sony Music Cuts Ties with Dr. Luke: Report
- #TabooTuesday: Do You Have Questions You’ve Always Wanted To Ask People, But Didn’t Have The Nerve To Ask?
- Beyoncé Launches Scholarship Program for Young Women
- Ellie Goulding Reunites with Ex-Boyfriend Midair at ‘Magic Mike Live’