This Week On FM Magazine: Project Morry
Deb Gordon’s guest was Aaron Lapp, Director of Development at Project Morry, which is a year-round youth development organization founded in 1995 that provides underprivileged children with a multi-year residential summer camp experience. Each child must commit to a four year program that involves a variety of experiences including mentoring, coaching and support.
The educational curriculum requires that children who participate continue with school, attend monthly meetings, develop a love for learning and the desire to learn more. Mr. Lapp discussed some of the many positive effects the Project Morry summer camps have on young people including improved social skills and self-esteem, and a greater sense of personal responsibility. Also discussed were the selection process, the criteria for entry and Project Morry’s track record and successes.
Many of the Project Morry alumni come back to the organization and volunteer as counselors, and eighty percent of all participants go on to college.
For more information, visit www.projectmorry.org.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows