We’ve grown accustomed to the brazen antics of Rihanna, from posting nude photos to insisting she’s run out of f**** to give about what anyone thinks of her. The Rihanna who gets (sometimes more than) a little crazy. The pop star who makes it to TIME’s 100 Most Influential list. But is her hard exterior starting to slip?
If her interview in the new Harper’s Bazaar is any indication, it might be. She’s their August cover girl and, as always, relationships are a major topic. In excerpts released by the magazine, Rihanna admits, “When I was in love, I fell so hard. I was really, really, really in love. The way it made me feel was priceless. And in a blink of an eye my whole life changed. Everything that I knew was different. I never thought I’d feel that pain in my life. I’m afraid of feeling that again.”
But when asked about her shocking collaboration with ex Chris Brown on the “Birthday Cake” remix, the singer stands by her choice. “I understood that people had every right to be concerned about it. But I didn’t see it that way because I’m in a different place.”
There’s another area of life where Rihanna seems to have been burned recently — finances. The Guardian reports that the singer is suing former accountants Berdon LLP for lost damages and revenue. The case details how the accounting firm siphoned off a much larger percentage of her Last Girl on Earth tour for themselves and mismanaged her tax filings resulting in an IRS audit for Rihanna. That’s the kind of trouble a girl can really get fired up about.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’