How much do you want Pitbull to perform in your town, at the local Walmart? Probably not as much as the Internet want to send him to a remote corner of Alaska.
The Miami-based singer signed up with Walmart for a promotion that will send him to whichever Walmart in the country generates the most likes. A few pranksters took the opportunity to organize a campaign to make sure that Walmart is in Kodiak, Alaska. Kodiak is the main city off Kodiak Island and it is only accessible via ferry or airplane. To date, the Kodiak Walmart has over 44,000 likes — but the population of the island is only around six thousand people.
A #ExilePitbull campaign has also popped up on Twitter, encouraging people to like the Kodiak Walmart’s Facebook page and generating some jokes at the singer’s expense. But Pitbull seems to be taking the campaign in stride.
— Pitbull (@Pitbull) June 30, 2012
— Pitbull (@Pitbull) July 2, 2012
The contest continues until July 16, so you can still exile Pitbull…or perhaps try and get him to your local Walmart instead.
Meanwhile, Pitbull has released his new collaboration with Latin sensation Shakira, “Get It Started.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Golden Kanye/Jesus Appears in Los Angeles
- Fresh $10,000 Thursday Artist Of The Day Giveaway
- Zedd Teases Alessia Cara Collaboration ‘Stay’
- The Chainsmokers & Coldplay Release New Single ‘Something Just Like This’
- Watch Chris Martin Duet with George Michael
- Have You Ever Seen An Unlikely Animal In NYC?