Patriotic pinwheels and summertime swimming pools are just in time for 4th of July in Florence and the Machine’s new music video for “Breaking Down.” The British female songstress unveiled the refreshingly simple Tabitha Denholm-directed clip today.
The video shows off a montage of vintage-style clips featuring quintessential summer scenes, with touches of old Hollywood glam and grainy neon signs. Behind-the-scenes tour diary footage from the band’s most recent American jaunt is interspersed throughout the clip, with front woman Florence Welch taking viewers through their time in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New Orleans.
“Breaking Down’s” vintage film-style flair is a departure from Denholm’s other work with the band, the highly cinematic “Cosmic Love” and “Never Let Me Go.”
Next up for Florence and the Machine is the fourth single from their sophomore effort, Ceremonials, called “Spectrum,” out July 8th. Meanwhile, the band is currently on tour throughout the U.S. and Europe.
–Nee-Sa Lossing, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Shouts Out Leicester City After Premier League Victory
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Production Credits Broken Down
- Stone Temple Pilots Deny Auditioning Scott Stapp
- Watch Prince Cover David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ Weeks Prior to His Death
- Watch Kevin Hart, Big Sean and More Lip-Sync Rihanna’s ‘Work’
- Watch Jay-Z and Blue Ivy Dance Backstage During Beyoncé’s Formation Tour