Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Dave Grohl Talks Lyrical Inspiration, Shuts Down Adele, Taylor Swift Rumors
- Katy Perry to Host MTV Video Music Awards
- The Killers Share ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ Album Tracklist
- Hayley Williams Shares Unreleased Paramore Song ‘Temporary’
- Questionable Beauty Hack: Is This Genius Or Gross?
- Jennifer Lopez Sends Sugary Sweet Birthday Message to Alex Rodriguez