Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Elton John Fights ‘Potentially Deadly’ Infection, Cancels Shows
- Really?!: Intern Anthony Says No Man Wants Their First Born To Be a Girl
- #OnTheList: Xtine Richie’s Newest Obsessions – Barns Courtney, Dermot Kennedy, Ryan McMullan
- Watch Charlie Puth’s Steamy New ‘Attention’ Video
- FM Magazine: City Harvest’s 23rd Annual Evening of Practical Magic
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About A-Rod on ‘Ellen’