Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay Monkey Around in Video for ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’
- Win Tickets To See X-Ambassadors & Muse In Concert
- This Week On FM Magazine: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Adam Lambert Counters Anti-Gay Petition
- Listen to Sia’s New Track ‘One Million Bullets’