Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Rihanna Stoked by Multiple GRAMMY Nominations
- Drake’s NYC OVO Flagship Store Opens This Weekend
- Win Passes For Lucasfilms’ ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Advanced Screening
- John Legend and ‘Sesame Street’ Send Love to Daughter Luna
- Listen: Lindsey Stirling’s Awesome Remake of Hans Zimmer’s ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Theme