Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The White Stripes ‘Icky Thump’ Scores ‘Justice League’ Trailer
- Win Tickets To Star Trek: Mission New York
- ‘Star Trek’ Predicts Hip-Hop is the ‘Classical Music’ of the Future
- Britney Spears Reveals Dream Car
- 8 Amazing Instagrams from Drake & Future’s ‘Summer Sixteen Tour’
- Gwen Stefani Shows Multi-Generational Appeal at Jones Beach Concert