Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Queens Of The Stone Push Boundaries, Debut ‘…Like Clockwork’ At L.A. Tour Launch
- Muse To Turn ‘World War-Z’ Movie Premiere Into Concert
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross To Aid Tornado Victims