Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Love to London after Parliament Attack
- Drake’s Latest Tattoo is a Portrait of an Iconic R&B Singer
- Rupert Grint Really is Ed Sheeran
- Ed Sheeran Honored by Songwriters Hall Of Fame
- Hell To the No!: NYC is Officially the Most Expensive City in the U.S.
- Nicki Minaj and David Guetta Join Forces again for ‘Light My Body Up’