Elton John Lends Entire Back Catalog To Australian Electronic Duo Pnau
Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example. That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply “Elton John Versus Pnau,” the duo have used John’s vocals on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which sounds more like the music of the Studio 54 era than more recent “dubstep” dance music. Check out “Sad” below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- 7 Lawsuits Filed Against South by Southwest After Deadly Car Crash
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’