Lady Antebellum Unravels Raw Emotions In ‘Wanted You More’ Video
Today, Vevo posted the world premiere of Lady Antebellum‘s new video for their single “Wanted You More.”
Directed by Noble Jones, the video leads with a series of beautiful atmospheric shots, including glowing leaves, light beaming through trees, sand, grass, an urban skyline, and a butterfly. It sets a reflective and somewhat melancholy mood for the song itself, which eases in with a narrative of sadness, confusion, and painful longing.
“I kept waiting on a reason/And a call that never came,” sings Charles Kelley, “Something in you/Must have changed.”
“I cried for so long,” Hillary Scott chimes in, “Wasted too much time/Should have seen the signs.”
And then, crash, the song’s big chorus rolls in like a wave. “I guess I wanted you more,” Hillary, Charles, and Dave Heywood all sing in that tight, warm three-part harmony that has won them awards and millions of fans. The imagery shifts between actors playing out the painful break-up that serves as the song’s narrative, and the faces of the three bandmembers.
“Wanted You More” is a song rippling with sadness, and the video uses vibrant imagery to emphasize the raw emotions inside–tears behind the wheel of a car, heads bursting with confusion, and that heart-ripped-open feeling that comes in the wake of so many romantic breakups.
It’s painful, yes, but it’s also beautiful, and by its ‘fiery’ conclusion, there’s also an unmistakable feeling of strength that ultimately presides.
Noble Jones is a cinematographer, filmmaker, and music video director who’s worked with such artists as Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Sloan, and Seal. Noble is “amazing,” Hillary Scott says in a behind-the-scenes video on the making of “Wanted You More” that the band released a week ago.
Lady Antebellum is finishing up the U.S. leg of their current tour this weekend, before heading next month to the U.K., Europe, and Australia.
Meanwhile, Jones may soon be helming his first Hollywood feature–he was recently hired by Lionsgate to write a script for a remake of the Christian Bale film American Psycho.
- Interview: Lady Antebellum In Studio @ Fresh >
- Photos: Lady Antebellum In Studio >
- Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff