Adele took to her website today to announce her big news.
“Im delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together. I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we’re over the moon and very excited but please respect our privacy at this precious time. Yours always, Adele xx.”
The 21 songstress first met boyfriend Simon Konecki in the U.K. last summer and has been very private about her personal life. She took to her website once before to address her relationship with Simon to her fans.
“Everyone in our lives separately and together wish us nothing but the best, and vice versa.”
A former financier, Simon co-founded a U.K. bottled water company Life Water and heads Drop4Drop, the company’s charity which helps bring clean water to developing countries People reports.
During a recent interview, Adele touched upon wanting to keep her private life private.
“I just want to make music. I don’t want anyone chatting about me. Really. I mean I still hope I have a little bit of clout in 10 years, but I just…all I ever wanted to do was sing.”
Adele will now add being a mother to her job.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Best Songs on John Legend’s ‘Darkness & Light’
- Lady Gaga Performs Intimate Set on London Rooftop
- Listen to Sia’s New Song ‘Angel by the Wings’
- Solange Holding Open Call for Band Members
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Soundtrack Features Ariana Grande, Jennifer Hudson
- Kanye Appears to be Suffering from a ‘Serious Psychiatric Problem’ Says Dr. Drew