Sade Adu has done everything right when it comes to music. Since Sade’s 1984 debut Diamond Life, the group has sold more than 23 million albums in the U.S. But she has one major regret: She wishes she could have gotten a Jay-Z verse on “Soldier of Love.”
Adu recently sat for an interview with Sade guitarist-saxophone player Stuart Matthewman to discuss music, touring and what she would do differently.
“I would have asked Jay-Z to rap on ‘Soldier Of Love’ in 2010,” Sade told Jay-Z’s site LifeandTimes. “There’s not much else I would change, the mistakes I’ve made have made me grow braver.”
Sade released Soldier of Love 2010 and the album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with more than 500,000 copies sold in the first week. While Jigga didn’t appear on the album’s title track, he did add a verse to 2011’s “The Moon and The Sky,” from Sade’s The Ultimate Collection.
When the singer was asked about being sampled on rap songs, she said she was all for it.
“I love when our music is reclaimed to make something new,” She said. “It’s like musical recycling. I always see it as a compliment.”
Check out the title track below on which Sade wishes Jay would have appeared.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bette Midler Joins Team Shelton on ‘The Voice’
- Jason Derulo Drops Funky New Track ‘Kiss the Sky’
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Elvis Presley’s Birth Certificate Up for Auction at Graceland
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthrax, Black Keys to Reissue Pink Vinyls for Gilda’s Club
- Drake’s Dad Stars in Arkells Video ‘Drake’s Dad’